Thursday, March 19, 2015

Throw Back Thursday: The Monkees - Laugh

In keeping with the idea of songs that get stuck in your life (or my life in this case) I thought I'd do a twist on "Throw Back Thursday". These posts will be songs that in someway effected my life, and how.

Without a doubt The Monkees were my first Auditory Addiction, and they have remained one of my favorite bands for 30 years. So it shouldn't surprise me or anyone, that some of their songs have impacted some of my philosophies of life.

Laugh, is one of those songs, a basic outlook on life that has stuck with me since I was 10 years old. Just Laugh. Even when things are bad, if you can laugh you'll be ok. Simplistic in nature but it instilled a sense of wow at that age, and though over the years the idea has evolved it is still one of my basic beliefs.

The video will make you laugh, the music is simple, and Davy's accent is strong. But the message if you get it, is priceless.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and commenting.